Instant Pot Irish Stew
I originally saw a version of this recipe for a slow cooker on familyfreshmeals.com. I like the simplicity of the basic recipe and I made a few substitutions to make it 100% Paleo.
The prep time is almost longer than the cooking time when using the Instant Pot. The first time I made this I ate 7 helpings for dinner.
Prep Time25 mins
Cook Time35 mins
Total Time1 hr 15 mins
Servings: 6 adults
- 1 1/2-2 lbs stew meat grass fed
- 15 oz canned diced tomatoes organic
- 8 oz canned tomato sauce organic
- 2 cups sweet potatoes chopped with skin on
- 1 cups celery cut into about 1/2inch pieces
- 1 cup onion cut into about 1/2inch pieces
- 1 1/3 cups wild rice 1 box
- 1 quart beef broth
- 1 teaspoon sea salt
- 1 leaf bay leaf
- 1/2 teaspoon sage dried or fresh
- 1/2 teaspoon thyme dried or fresh
- 1/2 teaspoon Pepper
- 1 tablespoon bacon fat
- 1/2 cup red wine
- 3 cloves garlic
Brown stew meat in the bacon fat using the "saute" setting of Instant Pot.
Add remaining ingredients to pot and stir to mix. Place lid on pot and set to pressure setting on top of lid.
Press Meat/Stew button on Instant Pot. Timer will show 35. Leave it alone and go socialize or get some chores done.
Allow pot to naturally de-pressurize for about 15 minutes. Open lid and serve in ceramic bowls. Garnish with sliced green onions, a slice of grass fed butter and a dash of cayenne pepper.