Pesto made with a combination of cilantro and jalapeno peppers. Seeds and ribs are removed so heat level is tolerable.
Prep Time15 mins
Total Time15 mins
Servings: 8 to 10 people
- 1 cup Extra virgin olive oil
- 1 cup walnuts
- 1 tbsp lemon juice lime can be substituted
- 4 units jalapeno peppers Always organic, medium, seeds and ribs removed
- 1 bunch cilantro
- .5 tsp Pink Himalayan crystal salt or Celtic sea salt Or to taste
- .5 tsp fresh ground black pepper Or to taste
Pour olive oil, nuts, salt, pepper and lemon juice into blender and pulse.
Add jalapeno peppers and cilantro. Pulse blender until desired consistency.
Using a spatula, transfer pesto to a medium size serving dish.
Consistency can be modified by adding or removing greens/olive oil, and or nuts. Grated cheese is sometimes added to this. Any green and/or nut can be substituted.
Serve as a side or over meats or salads. This is very versatile. The oiliness makes dryer meats such as chicken breast and wild pork/venison, much more fun to eat.
Calories: 435kcal | Carbohydrates: 5g | Protein: 5g | Fat: 46g | Saturated Fat: 6g | Polyunsaturated Fat: 17g | Monounsaturated Fat: 22g | Sodium: 152mg | Potassium: 199mg | Fiber: 2g | Sugar: 1g | Vitamin A: 850IU | Vitamin C: 6.6mg | Calcium: 40mg | Iron: 1.3mg