Not quite as sweet as apple pie but a very nice and crispy apple dessert. Can be used as a topping on some full fat, grass fed yogurt.
Prep Time20 mins
Cook Time45 mins
Total Time1 hr 5 mins
Servings: 4 people or up to 6 kids
- 1 1/2 cups almond meal or coconut flour
- 1/4 cup grass-fed butter or coconut oil softened
- 1 1/2 tsp tsp. ground cinnamon
- 1 pinch Himalayan salt
- 1 pinch nutmeg
- 1 Tbsp grass-fed butter or coconut oil to grease the pan
- 4 apples organic green apples, thinly sliced
- 1/2 lemon juice of 1/2 lemon
- 1 tsp cinammon
- 1 pinch nutmeg or grind yourself some fresh nutmeg using a grater
Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
Combine the filling ingredients in a bowl and mix well.
In a separate bowl, mix the ingredients for the topping until completely incorporated, and set aside.
Grease the bottom and sides of a 9x9-inch baking dish.
Place the apples in the dish and cover evenly with the topping.
Cover and bake for 20 minutes.
Remove cover and bake for an additional 25 minutes. The dish is done when the apples are soft and the topping browns.