Carrots, beets, radishes. This quick salad can be quick work using a hand julienne slicer or Zoodle maker. This salad is very earthy and crunchy.
I prefer to lightly sauté the mixture to enhance the flavors of the turmeric and oil. Beets are the star of this show and I sometimes refer to this simply as beet salad. Let me briefly explain in this recipe intro, the myriad health benefits of beets. Beets are natural supporters of the liver and gallbladder. They contain many useful minerals and a large variety of organic acids. I like to buy the whole beets with the greens still attached because the greens can be used for other dishes or in this salad. If you have aromatic bitters on hand, add a couple of dashes to this before sauteing.
Root Vegetable Salad
- 2 T avocado oil
- 1 t turmeric powder
- 2 medium beets
- 3 medium carrots
- 4 large red radishes
- .5 t natural salt
- fresh ground black pepper to taste
- .25 cup balsamic vinegar
- 3 cloves fresh garlic roasted in butter or avocado oil
- Wash and jullienne all vegetables into a large bowl or salad bowl.
- Mix dressing ingredients: In a separate mixing bowl, mix balsamic vinegar, avocado oil, turmeric, salt and pepper.
- Pour dressing onto vegetables and toss together.
- If roasting garlic, do this first with a small amount of oil. Pour the entire mixed salad into a hot skillet and sauté for 3-5 minutes.
- Return salad back to salad bowl and serve with extra olive oil.