Baked Sweet Potato with ghee and walnuts
Simple topping to place on a baked potato
- 2 large sweet potatoes
- 1/2 cup crushed walnuts
- 4 T ghee clarified butter
- Slice sweet potatoes in half lengthwise, place on cookie sheet lined with parchment paper.
- Rub potatoes all over with some of the ghee and place flat side down on the parchment paper.
- Bake at 400 for 40 minutes or until sweet potatoes start to carmelize.
- Flip sweet potato slices over to expose flat side and mash in the skin with a fork.
- Add tablespoon of ghee to each slice and sprinkle crushed walnuts on top.
- Serve while hot as a side.
This is also excellent cold as a snack. Toppings are unlimited. Macadamia nuts or pecans would be a good substitute.