Kale and mushroom soup
Nothing beats greens and broth slow cooked. The addition of fresh mushrooms makes the dish thicker and more complex.
Servings: 4 people
- 2 Tbsp grass fed butter
- 4 cups broth beef or chicken
- 4 cups filtered water
- .5 cups organic apple cider vinegar
- .5 tsp cinammon
- 1 tbs honey
- 1 tsp rosemary dried
- 1 tsp smoked paprika
- .5 tsp cayenne pepper
- 1 tsp pink sea salt
- 1 tsp fresh ground black pepper
- 8 oz mushrooms sliced
- 3 stalks Green onions
- 3 cloves fresh garlic chopped
- 1 tsp dried basil
- 1 Tbsp Extra virgin olive oil
- Bring broth and water to a low boil while adding spices, salt, butter, olive oil and honey.
- Chop mushrooms and add to broth mixture
- Toast until golden brown, the sliced green onions and chopped garlic In half of the butter. Simmer for 15 minutes
- Add the chopped kale greens and simmer for another 15 minutes
Sprinkle a tablespoon of nutritional yeast on top before serving.