An easy to make mixture of seasonal vegetables cooked with a healthy amount of fat. This side can complement a steak, roast chicken or fish.
Servings: 6 people
- 8 leaves swiss chard
- 6 med carrots sliced
- 2 cups yellow squash sliced
- 2 cups zucchini squash sliced
- 1 tbsp ginger root grated
- 3 tbsp avocado oil
- 3 cloves garlic finely chopped
- Crush and chop garlic and set aside for 15 minutes prior to roasting.
- Slice all vegetables into 1/4 inch slices.
- Heat oil in skillet and roast garlic until golden brown. Remove garlic from skillet and set aside.
- Add all vegetables to skillet and roast until desired doneness. Salt and pepper to taste.
- Add roasted garlic and mix all ingredients. Serve as a side dish
Note: Can also use light olive oil for medium heat or refined coconut oil. Even better- pastured bacon fat.
Calories: 154kcal | Carbohydrates: 20g | Protein: 4g | Fat: 8g | Saturated Fat: 1g | Polyunsaturated Fat: 1g | Monounsaturated Fat: 5g | Sodium: 233mg | Potassium: 1076mg | Fiber: 6g | Sugar: 10g | Vitamin A: 25750IU | Vitamin C: 74.3mg | Calcium: 90mg | Iron: 2mg