Adapted from Mercola.com
Not quite as sweet as apple pie but a very nice and crispy apple dessert. Can be used as a topping on some full fat, grass fed yogurt.
- 1 1/2 cups almond meal or coconut flour
- 1/4 cup grass-fed butter or coconut oil softened
- 1 1/2 tsp tsp. ground cinnamon
- 1 pinch Himalayan salt
- 1 pinch nutmeg
- 1 Tbsp grass-fed butter or coconut oil to grease the pan
- 4 apples organic green apples, thinly sliced
- 1/2 lemon juice of 1/2 lemon
- 1 tsp cinammon
- 1 pinch nutmeg or grind yourself some fresh nutmeg using a grater
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Combine the filling ingredients in a bowl and mix well.
- In a separate bowl, mix the ingredients for the topping until completely incorporated, and set aside.
- Grease the bottom and sides of a 9x9-inch baking dish.
- Place the apples in the dish and cover evenly with the topping.
- Cover and bake for 20 minutes.
- Remove cover and bake for an additional 25 minutes. The dish is done when the apples are soft and the topping browns.